Playing the Bard:
Bards thrive and survive (quite well if accomplished) on the power of music. They are skilled in the ways of entertainment. From stage acting to music to storytelling, Bards are a social necessity. They have the duty and the responsibility to breathe life into the tales of brave heroes and magnificent events of yesterday.
Special Miracle Abilities: If the Bards elect, they may know the Miracles: Holy Songs skill, which allows them to perform Holy Miracles in the form of song.
Bards prefer the use of fine clothing or perhaps decorative leatherwear. They prefer not to wear metal armor or any armor that is more for function than it is for appearance. Though Bards prefer not to pursue a career of fighting, they may elect to learn some Weapons Skills. This affords confidence and protection during brawls while playing those numerous tavern gigs.
- Improved Leather Armor max.
- No Helm.
- No restrictions.
Creating the Bard
- Intellect: 7
- Charisma: 5
Life and Faith:
- Life:2d6 (GE) + (Strength + Endurance + Wisdom)
- Faith: 2d4 (GE) + (Patience)
Choose four (4) Talents and three (3) Crafts at Level 1.
(You may select Skills from the following list or Weapon Skills from the list below.)
- Twirl Weapon
- Food Works
- HP Hearing
- Miracles: Holy Songs
- Play Instrument: Percussion
- Play Instrument: Wind/Stringed (choose one)
- Political Science
- Read/Write (additional language)
- Speak: (additional language)
(You may select a Weapon Skill from the following list in place of selecting a Talent or Craft.)
- Dagger (2d6 Damage)
- Decorative Tunic (AP: Chest; DEF: +1)
- Cloth Breeches (AP: Legs; DEF: +1)
- Boots (AP: Feet; DEF: N/A)
- Pouch of 2d8 Gold, 1d6 Silver
- Sleeping blanket
- Small Pack
- Medium Candle
- 2d6 Food Rations
- Mandolin or Flute (choose one).
Progressing the Bard:
Life and Faith: Add the following to the 's Life and Faith upon reaching each new level.
*(GE) = Grace Effect